Roku - Multiple ffmpeg instances

speechles
Go to solution Solved by gcw07,

Ever since updating to Mediaserver Version 3.0.5031.21343 on windws 7. I have problems with multiple instances of ffmpeg drowning my server anytime a video has to be transcoded. When you exit the video before it's ended. ffmpeg will continue transcoding for no reason. Go to another video needing transcoding now you have two ffmpeg instances running. This drowns the system acting as the server and causes transcoding to take longer, causes skipping/stuttering, and generally makes it a pain using the roku client now. This must have sdomething to do with moving the renderer outside of mb3, instead of contained within it like it was before. Is there a fix to this madness?? O_o??

NOTE: the android client also has multiple instances running the same way the roku client does when exiting videos before they end and starting another. Leaving me to believe this is instead a server bug/issue rather than a client.

Edited by speechles

This should be fixed for next build (it was never a bug it was by design). We are in the process of changing the way we are doing a few things.

• Solution

Get the latest version that was just released, 1.16. It should fix the ffmpeg continuing on after the video ended problem.