Stuttering with i5 2415m 4gb

Schroinx

Schroinx

When playing movies on the Mac Mini with MBT, it stutters. The stutter is not present when playing movies in MBC but I like MBT a lot better. It has a intel HD3000 graphics card. I have tried to play with the decoder settings but not sure what are the right ones.

Thanks for your work guys. This is really great stuff :-)

Edited by Schroinx

Schroinx

I have just played around with it. I uninstalled everything except MBC, including shark codecs and MBT. Reinstalled MBT clean with LAV and XYsubs, with default settings and it still stutter. Tried all the hardware acc options and even disabled hardwareacc to no avail. It still stutters. So I when back to MBC and it still plays fine, and the same with WMP. So I am pretty much at a loss what to do.

Ghostm

Have you tried wasapi in audio renderer, hdmi in bitstreaming, and with disabled hardware acceleration?

Also are you direct playing files?

Are you using the latest mbt dev versions?

Edited by Ghostm

psykix

Yes, latest dev version.

Hardware acceleration is DXVA2CopyBack

Audio renderer is set to Default.

I'm bitstreaming via a GTX760 - the PC is also used for gaming.

I have the bitrate set to 40Mbps which is the highest and everything direct plays.

Edit : just realised this was a reply to the OP!

Nevermind!

Edited by psykix

Schroinx

What does MadVR do? Instead of LAV?

I'll try later, also with Ghost suggestions and report back.

Edited by Schroinx

psykix

No, it's in conjunction with LAV. MadVR is the renderer.

It's very good for upscaling content, but even though I only have 720p/1080p material, I find that the playback is superior.

i.e. smooth panning scenes, no lip sync issues and no stutter - all of which I get using the internal player for whatever reason.

Schroinx

Tried both solutions without any luck I'm afraid.

It's the official latest release 3.0.5340.39397. But it has also been an issue prior to this version.

Ghostm

Thats strange, do you connect everything with an hdmi cable?

I use amd so its different but i assume some people use intel dont have this issue. 

Ghostm

Can you also try Hardware accel disabled, bitstreaming none, audio renderer default.

Also the bitrate meter is at full 40mbps? Shouldnt effect anything if your direct playing files though.

Edited by Ghostm

Ghostm

And have you also tried quick sync for hardware accel for these settings.

I have had occasional issues with mbt playback on a new instal but it was always resolved by finding the right combination of audio renderer, bitstream mode, and hardware acceleration.

Schroinx

Sound is with spdif and the screen with hdmi.

I have just tried it all to no avail. I can see that selecting say ReClock makes it worse, but I can't eliminate it. It's quite visible even with 720P material and frustrating that it just plays smooth in MBC.

Edited by Schroinx

Schroinx

I just had a thought. As I understand it, it is possible to use an external player with MBT. Is there a free one I could try with seamless integration with MBT/MB3? That would give me the sleek and nifty UI from MBT and perhaps solve my stutter problem when playing files.

psykix

You can use MPC-HC as an external player.

You won't get the MBT overlay with an external player, and you will lose resume states etc too.

Schroinx

I have just played around with it. It was a clean install, and then I have had some versions of shark codecs 32 and 64 installed, which is now uninstalled.

I have enabled LAV tray icons, but the LAV video decoder fails to show in WMP, MBT and MBC, just flashes shortly when starting a movie. The Madvr shows when playing in MBT. Is there some way to get rid of any ghost codecs, or check which are running on the machine? It is Windows 7

psykix

You can check what codecs are being used by using graphstudio.

Have a google for it - it lets you follow the path and see what codecs are used for both audio and video.

I haven't used Shark codec pack for many years, but I do seem to remember that it came with Haali splitter which could well interfere with the LAV splitter too.

Edited by psykix

Schroinx

I found the Codec Tweak Tool and have played around with things. The tool has allowed me to assign the LAV as preferred splitter and video, so now it plays very well in WMP/MBC with tray icon und alles. Unfortunately I cannot get the LAV video tray icon to show when playing in MBT, only the LAV splitter icon. I'll venture a guess and say that for some reason MBT cannot force the system to use the LAV video.

How can I investigate if MBT uses the LAV video thing? And how can I force it to use it?

Edited by Schroinx

psykix

MBT does use it - the icon just doesn't show in the tray. I think it is suppressed by MBT for whatever reason. Personally I think it causes more confusion and could do with being in the tray since that's what people are used to. There are posts about it on this forum if you do a search around. I vaguely remember an xml edit or similar which would get it to show.

Found it :-

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/8175-mbt-and-lav-video-icon/?hl=%2Blav+%2Btray+%2Bicon

Schroinx

Thx. You where right. It does load in MBT.

The big question is why LAV work in other players such as WMP and MBC but MBT has stutter. Is it because of a prior install of the sharks codecs or because it does not work with the intel hd3000 gpu, or something third and unknown. I wonder if it would help with a clean install. I looked at system restore yesterday, but it only takes you back so far, and not to a say clean install. As far as I understand.

babgvant

Thx. You where right. It does load in MBT.

The big question is why LAV work in other players such as WMP and MBC but MBT has stutter. Is it because of a prior install of the sharks codecs or because it does not work with the intel hd3000 gpu, or something third and unknown. I wonder if it would help with a clean install. I looked at system restore yesterday, but it only takes you back so far, and not to a say clean install. As far as I understand.

What version of LAV is installed on your PC? It's possible that the one MBT uses is different.

babgvant

Probably also worth mentioning that MBT's use of WPF raises the resource requirements a bit. It's possible that you fall on the wrong side of the cusp.

One thing you can also try is to disable the custom EVR presenter to see if that makes a difference. It can be disabled using the same mechanism discussed in the enabling LAV system tray thread.

Schroinx

What version of LAV is installed on your PC? It's possible that the one MBT uses is different.

It is the 0.62.0 version. But it has been an issue with prior versions as well.

babgvant

It is the 0.62.0 version. But it has been an issue with prior versions as well.

MBT doesn't use the version you installed. It uses its own. So TBC, it works properly with 0.62.0 in other players?

Schroinx

Probably also worth mentioning that MBT's use of WPF raises the resource requirements a bit. It's possible that you fall on the wrong side of the cusp.

One thing you can also try is to disable the custom EVR presenter to see if that makes a difference. It can be disabled using the same mechanism discussed in the enabling LAV system tray thread.

With an i5 2415m with 4gb memory?

I can find an entry for the EVR but can't find a true/false value. How do I disable it in the XML file then?

Edited by Schroinx

Schroinx

MBT doesn't use the version you installed. It uses its own. So TBC, it works properly with 0.62.0 in other players?

This was the version MBT downloaded yesterday, when I reinstalled it. It work fine in other players.