PlayOn Plugin Issues - Not Working

kjohnsonmtg
Go to solution Solved by snazy2000,

kjohnsonmtg
MBS - 3.0.5340.21263

PlayON Plugin - 1.0.0.7

PlayOn Server - 3.10.0.9064

I have PlayOn running on same machine as MBS, installed the PlayOn plugin, and configured it to point to my IP on my PC(Again same PC as MBS). The PlayOn plugin shows up in my Channel list for MBS, but when I open it, there are 0 items listed. I can see the normal PlayOn content from other devices on the network when browsing over DLNA. But the MBS channel of PlayOn always shows 0 items. 

I restarted MBS a couple of times. And just to be clear, this issue is happening in the web interface (right-click MBS tray icon, choose "Browse Library"). I tried opening the web interface in multiple browsers, but it still shows 0 items for the PlayOn plugin. Other channel plugins work fine on Xbox 360 and iPad etc..I have also attached Server Log..

MediaBrowser Log.txt

• 2 weeks later...
optimalt

Got the exact same problem. Changing cache key will not do it. Should I also provide logs?

Skickat från min LG-D802 via Tapatalk

snazy2000

Please. Can you change cach key. Restart server then try view channel then grap the whole log. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Solution
snazy2000

Says in the plugin that your trial has expired.

• Like 1

optimalt

No I did not (at least I didn't notice any). Was just about to suggest such a notification. However now that I've paid up everything is working again. Thanks!

snazy2000

Glad that was the issue i will look at why you didntbget notification :)

• 1 month later...

How do you pay for using past trial period?   I noticed a fee of $5 and a link to PayPal which worked and took my payment.  But now what?  How do I indicate that I've paid and eliminate trial period so that all will work again?   Apologies if stupid question.....

Thanks for quick reply.   Ok, so I'm an official MB3 supporter with gold badge, etc.  I paid the $5 for Play-on via PayPal.   Now what?  Should I expect a email response from Playon or MB3 or ?    Went into PlayOn add-on channel and it didn't look any different.  Still says my trial has expired.  So, I'm still not clear on how this mechanism works.   Maybe I'm just too impatient since I was hoping to have this working quickly.  Do I just wait on some notification or ?   Nothing in my email or spam mail folder yet.  Would appreciate a little more clarification.   Thanks in advance....

If you already have the gold badge then there is nothing more to do - as long as you used the same PayPal account for both transactions the key remains the same and is just activated with new items.  The plug-in detail page for PlayOn should tell you it is registered.

Thanks again. Ok, that's what I would have thought.  Just to verify, the MB3 payment was via PayPal (hec1152@gmail.com) to Eric Reed (MB3) for $30 on 10/17/14.  I have gold badge on my MB3 screen.   The $5 payment to PlayOn was via same account today.   I've restarted server, etc and there's no change in PlayOn plug-in channel.   It still shows trial period expired and doesn't do anything.   What am I missing?

Thanks.   Well I feel stupid.  I checked my PayPal and found that the payment I thought I made did not go through for some reason.  Hadn't noticed that hence am I ever embarrassed.   I fixed it and now all is swell!   I can see PlayOn and am please with how fast and easy that transaction was!   Thanks for your patience with me.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm interested in trying PlayOn as well.

Can someone confirm, I have to pay a MB donation, pay to buy the PlayOn app, and then I also have to buy a subscription to PlayOn through their site right?