Slow MBC load times

Percy

Hi Guys,

I am experiencing slow load times of Media Browser Classic, usually about 15-30 secs when launching for the first time in Windows Media Center. I have gone through the attached logs and found this in the MBC log.

2014-08-18 07:25:41.5352,Info,,Using String Data from C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Localization\strings-en.xml,1,Application
2014-08-18 07:25:41.5452,Info,,Total Kernel Init took 15.26 seconds.,1,Application
2014-08-18 07:25:41.6062,Info,,Finished validating : C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Cache\playstate MediaBrowser.Library.Entities.PlaybackStatus,16,Worker thread for Fast Load Loader
2014-08-18 07:25:41.6062,Info,,Dictionary loading and validation took 5.77 seconds.,16,Worker thread for Fast Load Loader

• Server and Classic are running on the same machine.
  • Machine is an old intel dual core with 4GB RAM running 64 bit Windows 7
  • Running latest releases of software, no beta

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Percy

server-63543916800.txt

MBClassic-1882014cff836b01e374b349e1631925cdaf639.log

Sounds like a hardware delay.  It only happens the first time after a period of inactivity?

It could be a machine, hard drive, or network interface that is asleep and needs to wake back up.

Thanks for the quick reply ebr.

Sorry I should've been more clear. It happens on launch of Media Browser. If I exit out of Media Browser completely or exit Media Center and then re-launch, delay will re-occur, ruling out any sleeping hardware.

Delay is a new thing. Never used to occur. I would say it occurred with one of the recent updates. 

• Library massive, approx 4TB stored on NAS connected via 1GB ethernet
  • Chocolate theme installed but only using classic theme
  • Trailers is the only other plug-in installed

Still looks like a hardware delay to me.  Not much is happening in that time that is taking 15 seconds for you and I can't really tell exactly what is holding it up but more than likely some sort of disc access.

I am also having long delays when starting Media Browser Classic. Never had it before, and just recently happened.

I sometimes experience the same delay when browsing through my tv shows.

This have happened on all 3 of my pc's.

I am also having long delays when starting Media Browser Classic. Never had it before, and just recently happened.

I sometimes experience the same delay when browsing through my tv shows.

This have happened on all 3 of my pc's.

Will need more information to help (the OP is a good example).

How to report a problem

• 5 weeks later...

Just thought I'd let people know my experience with slow MBC loading.
It started when channel support was added, and really ground to a halt when I added tunein (think my login for tunein was wrong which was part of the issue)

Looking at the logs I could see lots of internet requests some of which failing and retrying multiple times.

Removing the channels from the server fixed the issue and as I didn't use the channels often I did not see it as a great loss.

Is there an option to not update channels until you pick the channel? Or background load after mbc is launched?

Just thought I'd let people know my experience with slow MBC loading.

It started when channel support was added, and really ground to a halt when I added tunein (think my login for tunein was wrong which was part of the issue)

Looking at the logs I could see lots of internet requests some of which failing and retrying multiple times.

Removing the channels from the server fixed the issue and as I didn't use the channels often I did not see it as a great loss.

Is there an option to not update channels until you pick the channel? Or background load after mbc is launched?

I've been trying to track down what the conflict is exactly between Tune-in and MBC.  I cannot reproduce this situation but several have.  I can't figure out what set of options causes this to be a problem.