[Android app]nuVue - your media server sidekick

rwhapham

rwhapham

nuVue is a companion app for Media Browser users that displays rich notifications when new items are added. There is nothing additional to install on your Media Browserserver. Just sign in with your credentials and nuVue does the rest.

Official Website

Play Store

Amazon App Store

• Rich notifications for newly added media
  • See recently added media
  • See TV series and movies that are in-progress
  • See what is currently playing
  • Perfect for cord-cutters and automated downloads
  • Send messages to shared library users and owners
  • Forward notifications via email (premium feature)
  • Quick and easy playback on connected clients
  • Automatic server discovery
  • Media Browser Connect sign in for shared libraries support
  • Advanced filtering for servers, libraries, and TV series
  • Automatically handles both local and remote connections
  • Easy setup--just sign into your server or Media Browser Connect and go
Be sure and join the Google community to read about future development, and submit bug reports and feature requests:

Because it has been requested, donations to the project outside of just buying the app can be made via PayPal: nuVue for Media Browser

features.png
Edited by rwhapham
  • Like 4

MrWebsmith

so i have to ask... do you have one of the wearables? o/t, i know but how is it.. worth it at this point or keep waiting for more revisions

rwhapham

so i have to ask... do you have one of the wearables? o/t, i know but how is it.. worth it at this point or keep waiting for more revisions

No, I don't have a wearable. And I don't think ever will. I'm a bit too connected already to tell you the truth. ;)

rwhapham

I think he built this app for his own needs so i I'm not sure that will happen. But if we can find an additional ios developer, then yea certainly.

Luke is correct.  I have no experience in iOS development; so if something like this were to happen, it would have to come from another developer. Sorry.

• Like 1

I like the idea of this??? anything similar for iOS?

I think he built this app for his own needs so i I'm not sure that will happen. But if we can find an additional ios developer, then yea certainly.

• Like 1

kingy444

I was asked to bring issues seeing media in nuvue over to here from the annoumcement blog. I was not getting any content. I extended the date range and saw a couple of movies. The tv shows are likely not coming up because I had the library set to mixed content(tv and movies) due to me keeping movies related to a series in a folder with the series.

I have changed the content type back to plain tv though im pretty sure this is going to destroy the metadata for the movies in this structure

In the filter options the application didnt seem to be able to see any tv libraries. Is it possible to include libraries that have mixed content ? It didnt pick up I had tv shows to monitor because no library had this type

kingy444

Mixed movies and tv is the type of library item. So I guess no movies are scraped from here too. Can you chnage it to not just look at movies and just tv but add this additional content type to both ?

rwhapham

Mixed movies and tv is the type of library item. So I guess no movies are scraped from here too. Can you chnage it to not just look at movies and just tv but add this additional content type to both ?

I will look into what it would take to support the mixed library type.  Good catch figuring out why it wasn't working properly for you.

coolspot

When I first used this app it connected right away to my one and only media browser user.  I've since added a second user and I tried to sign out and then sign in as this new user, but now I get "error getting user list".  Any ideas?

Edited by coolspot

rwhapham

When I first used this app it connected right away to my one and only media browser user.  I've since added a second user and I tried to sign out and then sign in as this new user, but now I get "error getting user list".  Any ideas?

I will try and reproduce that scenario to see if I can find the issue.  Thanks.

rwhapham

Can I get some info on the new user you added?  Was it an admin? Password or no password? Avatar image? Full library access or select libraries? I did the same: added a user, signed out from nuVue, then signed back in and it pulled the user list just fine.  Have you been able to sign back in at all?

coolspot

There was an update for the server when I got home with mentions "fix server discovery".  After i updated the server I was able to work in nuvue again.

Oh, one thing i'd like to request though...It's only showing the visible users.  I'd like to be able to type in my user name because I'm using a hidden user.

I was able to get around this problem by making the user visible, connecting with nuvue, then hiding the user again.  That works =)

Edited by coolspot

rwhapham

There was an update for the server when I got home with mentions "fix server discovery". After i updated the server I was able to work in nuvue again.

Oh, one thing i'd like to request though...It's only showing the visible users. I'd like to be able to type in my user name because I'm using a hidden user.

I was able to get around this problem by making the user visible, connecting with nuvue, then hiding the user again. That works =)

Glad you figured out your issue. I will add the request for manual login to my Trello board. Thanks.

rwhapham

As if nuVue didn't add enough convenience to your media experience, version 1.3.1 now adds the ability to start playback on connected clients* with just a few simple taps.  Also in this release:

- Added option to flag unwatched items or hide watched items
- Added support for Media Browser mixed TV and movie libraries
- Bug fixes and enhancements

(*does not include Chromecast devices)

playback.png

rwhapham

nuVue 1.3.3 was just pushed to the Play Store.  Of note for Media Browser users:

• Added ability to manually enter Media Browser server address if discovery fails (which will occur if signing in remotely)
  • Added ability to manually enter Media Browser user credentials for signing in as a hidden user
Edited by rwhapham
  • Like 1

rwhapham

nuVue 1.4.0 (a.k.a., the "what's new is what's old, what's next is what's new" release) is rolling out now.  Not only will you never miss anything new that is added to your libraries, now you will also be able to see what TV series and movies are currently in progress and start or resume playback. Plus, we will be coming soon to the Amazon App Store.

whats_next.png

Edited by rwhapham
  • Like 1

CBers

Hi Rob.

Seems that your app now has the ability to play to my Sonos devices, although it doesn't work:

2014-09-06%2008.55.23.png 2014-09-06%2008.55.42.png

I'm assuming these Sonos (audio-only) devices are picked up as I have the PlayTo option enabled in the server ??

Can you filter out audio-only devices when selecting a video for playback ??

Edited by CBers

rwhapham

Hi Rob.

Seems that your app now has the ability to play to my Sonos devices, although it doesn't work:

2014-09-06%2008.55.23.png2014-09-06%2008.55.42.png

I'm assuming these Sonos (audio-only) devices are picked up as I have the PlayTo option enabled in the server ??

Can you filter out audio-only devices when selecting a video for playback ??

Yes, it looks like I can determine playback capabilities and filter the clients according to whether the media is video or music.

• Like 1