App locks up right after transcoding fails

ncarty97

ncarty97

Having a problem with the app on my wife's Kindle Fire HD.  It used to work, at least when I first set it up a few months ago.  Essentially when I try to play anything, it starts to queue it up, then it stops, goes back to the splash screen and the whole app becomes basically locked up.  Force closing it doesn't resolve the issue.  The only thing that gets me back to being able to navigate around is to remove the app and re-install (but the play issue remains).

From the log, this seems to be the relevant error (whole log attached):

2014-08-19 17:49:24.5344 Error - HttpResultFactory: Error streaming media

Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

System.IO.IOException

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at WebSocketSharp.Net.ResponseStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult ares)

at System.IO.Stream.<BeginEndWriteAsync>b__17(Stream stream, IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncTrimPromise`1.Complete(TInstance thisRef, Func`3 endMethod, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.IO.Stream.<CopyToAsyncInternal>d__2.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.StreamWriter.<WriteToAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndSend(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

That would make me think its a problem with the VM running my server, but I have no trouble using the Windows 8 App on my Surface Pro and streaming the exact same media.

Thanks for any help!

server-63544067232.txt

transcode-ff65b879-9ed0-4614-81e7-c05086365a4f.txt

Redshirt

You can try turning off HLS support in the Android client settings. 

The playback logic has changed so much in the version that's currently beta testing that I can't say if this error is still reproducible. Hopefully turning off hls works for you, if not it's going to be a few weeks (hopefully less) before I get the next version out to the public.

ncarty97

Thanks for the quick response.  Will give this a try tonight and if it doesn't work, I'll wait for the update.