Classic Configurator Issue - Critical Error

abstract

abstract

Anyone experienced the following critical error before?

Everything is working perfectly - MB server, MB clients and MB classic all functioning perfectly. Following earlier discussion with EBR re: parental controls and some suggested changes to users I've launched up the configurator to make changes and presented with the following:

53f4f88d57808_MBCConfiguratorissue.jpg

I can close the error, but selecting any options in the configurator results in further error messages or the program crashing/closing completely.

Anyone else experienced this?

This is the first time I've used the configurator for some (considerable) time, so couldn't pin-point any specific changes that have occurred, but I have recently installed (WMC) Guide Tool in order to fix some of the missing guide data (UK DVB-T freeview - Emley Moor region).

Will try a reboot and, failing that, a reinstall of MBC, but would prefer not to as everything else is working perfectly (really perfectly - I don't want to risk that lovely state!!)

blade005

abstract,

I have not encountered the specific error you listed above, but on the rare occasion that I bring up Media Browser Classic Configurator I have had a few instances where my Virus Protection software (Avast) has had issues with the configurator window opening up.  Closing and then opening up the configurator a few times has worked, or turning off my Virus Protection software to pop into the configurator, make changes, and then turn Virus Protection back on.  Thought I would mention that for you to consider, before you start chasing all sorts of gremlins.

abstract

Thanks blade, disabled Norton, but no joy. Ditto with the reboot - will try a reinstall of MBC...

abstract

Very strange - cannot pin-point the cause, but a reinstall has solved the configurator issue.

EBR - only chocolate theme, no other plugins installed.