Auto-Organize: TVShows with their seasons stored in two different locations.

spyko

I have my TV-Shows stored in two different locations. One for current airing seasons (on my Desktop PC) and the other for complete seasons (on my NAS Storage) due to available space and backup reasons.

In MB Library I set a TVShows Media folder and set both locations. The result is that TV-Shows with split seasons are shown twice.
Is there any way to make it show their seasons merged in one TV-Show?

So Currently I set in library, two Media folders let's say "TV-AiringNow" and "TV-CompleteSesons" each with one path location accordingly.

I used Auto-Organize feature for my newly downloaded episodes which was successful but MBServer instead of moving them into AiringNow location where the Seasons exist, it moved them to the CompleteSeasons location instead, creating a Season folder there.

Trying to find a workaround for this I came to some strange behavior and I would like to share with you:
I created two parent folders in these two locations (AiringNow & CompleteSesons) and moved the shows there accordingly. Then I set in Library one Media folder TVShows and added these two path locations. The strange thing is that MB3 always considers one of them as a single TVShow, not as a folder as it should, so auto-organize cannot find the TVShow needed for moving the new episode.
The first time (I tried it twice after clearing the library database) the AiringNow was considered as single TVShow, the 2nd time the CompleteSeasons. I guess this has to be relative with the order I set the paths. Strange?

Any ideas anyone how I can set the library and have the auto-organizing working correctly?

Any idea will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Beardyname

Is there any way to make it show their seasons merged in one TV-Show?

Not atm but i think (if enough ppl want it) that it will be added in later. There are some threads on how to do drive-pooling and such it might be easier to try any of the software recommended there. (Can't remember the names of the threads otherwise i would have linked to them :P )

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

Should be solvable in the OS with a symbolic link.  Just set up a link to the folder for the currently airing season in the in the folder for complete seasons like this:

\TV Shows

\TV Shows\The Big Bang Theory

\TV Shows\The Big Bang Theory\Season 1

\TV Shows\The Big Bang Theory\Season 8

The \Season 1 folder would be a real folder.  Season 8 is a symbolic link to the active season 8 folder on the other server.

Then you add the \TV Shows folder to your library.  You don't add the volume with active shows to your library.  The scanner will pick up the files from both locations during the scan because the NAS box will report that Season object as a local folder so your show will include all 8 seasons spanning two physical locations.

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365680%28v=vs.85%29.aspx and http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa363878%28v=vs.85%29.aspx for more info on the links.

Edited by Deathsquirrel

Not atm but i think (if enough ppl want it) that it will be added in later. There are some threads on how to do drive-pooling and such it might be easier to try any of the software recommended there. (Can't remember the names of the threads otherwise i would have linked to them :P )

Thank you. Not a bad idea. I am now reading about DriveBender which is the only one I  found that can also pool network drives.

The \Season 1 folder would be a real folder.  Season 8 is a symbolic link to the active season 8 folder on the other server.

Then you add the \TV Shows folder to your library.  You don't add the volume with active shows to your library.  The scanner will pick up the files from both locations during the scan because the NAS box will report that Season object as a local folder so your show will include all 8 seasons spanning two physical locations.

Thank you too. It was the first thing It came to me too, 

but it doesn't work unless both locations are included in MB Media Folders.

I did what you said just for one season as a test. It showed in my CompleteSeasons, though playstate is not shown correctly on the top cover of the show.

After I removed the AiringNow and rescaning library this season doesn't show anymore.

Vidman

I asked bout this issue a while ago and the response was to use drive pooling