Audio Skipping with MBT on NUC DN2820

levellers

levellers

Just bought a NUC DN2820FYKH today and installed a SSD and 4GB RAM. 

MBT menus are fairly smooth and video playback is OK but audio stutters and skips. LAV and MadVR installed.

Any suggestions for settings / tweaks that might help?

hifiaudio2

I got a laptop with a Celeron 2830 and returned it.  The playback was OK usually, but CPU was at 100% all the time so no room for error.   

levellers

Begrudgingly I installed Plex to see if this is a hardware or software thing. Plex (although ugly as hell) works and plays flawlessly.

Celeron NUC is the playback device. MediaBrowser Server is on another high powered desktop machine. Connectivity is wireless N.

Why not try Xbmb3? If you're willing to use plex home theater, then give Xbmb3c a shot because they are both based on Xbmc.

Deihmos

You need to use either dvxa or Intel quick synch because the CPU is weak. Plex has dxva on by default. I never used madvr and not sure what it is. Maybe that's your problem. I have a Celeron pc and no issues.

Edited by Deihmos

Ghostm

Just bought a NUC DN2820FYKH today and installed a SSD and 4GB RAM. 

MBT menus are fairly smooth and video playback is OK but audio stutters and skips. LAV and MadVR installed.

Any suggestions for settings / tweaks that might help?

I dont think your system is powerful enough for madvr.

I would try to mess with the audio settings, i use hdmi and wasapi, you may have to try and find which works for your system. 

You can also try none for audio bitstreaming and set the renderer to default, play around with those two.