Strange Playback behaviour - pause / resume / no chapters

dmtudder
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

dmtudder

I have been trying to figure out a new "feature" that has been bothering me to no end..

Some files have no chapters and when I try to stop in the middle of a movie, All current playback information is lost.  No resume button is created and I am forced to play from beginning and skip 30 seconds forward until I get to where I left off.

I have searched the internet and I appear to be the only one with this issue, or the only one who cares!!

Am I missing something simple?  Does anyone know whats happening here?

Thanks,

Dan

Platform::   windows 7, MB3, media browser classic, chocolate theme, 

Happens on avi and mkv  and possibly other formats..

Look at those items in the web client and click on the "Media Info" button.  Anything there?

dmtudder

Very odd.  There is media info.  Nothing unusual.  I think I finally found a work around.

I took a movie that was having this issue and removed it from the library. deleted the movie file and then added the movie back to the library

It added with chapters and everything was fine..  All of the movies I've recently added are fine.  I think there may have been a time frame was I was mis-configured or corrupt and I may have to locate all of those movies and re-add them...

I couldn't find anything different in the properties of the affected movies...

Strangely I can't find anyone else with this issue...

• Solution

You don't have to re-add them.  Just do a full manual refresh of them with the metadata manager.

• Like 1

Try refreshing one level up (the folder instead of the item).  I think this will work although there will be no indication that it is and no way to monitor and stop it (yet).