TV shows have no play option

htpc newbie
Go to solution Solved by htpc newbie,

htpc newbie

OK this is my first post and I'm brand new to htpc community. I have a new build that was built with assassin's blog help and so far everything has been great. I have been ripping my blu ray's and everything works great for the movies but when I tried ripping Game Of thrones I have a issue. The episodes for season 1 all show up in media browser but there is no play option. It shows a list of episodes that will slowly scroll but you cannot highlight and play. I think maybe its probably something I did wrong but I could really use some help. I am using media browser server and mb3.

It sounds like maybe you didn't structure your TV correctly and the server hasn't recognized it as such.

Be sure you have used one of the documented structures here.

htpc newbie

I thought that maybe that was it but my double checked and my folder structure is

TV Series/Game Of Thrones/Season 1/S01E01 Winter Is Coming.mkv

S01E02 The Kingsroad.mkv.

etc.etc.

htpc newbie

When you open media browser and click TV Series Game of Thrones shows up with a green 10 indicating 10 episodes. When you click it opens up and you see a scrolling list of the episodes but you cannot select. nothing happens when you click play or episode. 

First, let's back up and go to the web client.  What do you see there for that series?  Screenshots would really help us understand the issue.  Thanks.

• Solution
htpc newbie

Ok I figured it out. It was pure operator error and I apologize for wasting your time. I was trying to click on the episodes in the lower portion of the screen not realizing that you have to click on upper left Season 1 option to bring the dropdown menu down. All is good and so far so good. I will donate to the cause tonight because as stated I'm new to this and I might need more help later. I have finally loaded most of my media and htpc has been running nonstop for a week so tomorrow I will hook it up to theater system. Thanks! :)

• Like 1