Folder structure to show movies in order

liabella

liabella

Hi,

New to MB and lov it

I have everything sorted in folders however I am starting to create 'collections' to store like movies. Some movies do show in release order however some dont. Example being the Transformers movies.

Is there a certain way to list or structure the movie folders in the main collection folder to show them a) by release date or B) in a way that I can customise

Thanks in advance

ewcrider

For sequels, I find the easiest way is to edit the sort name using the metadata manager in the web interface.  Use sort names like "transformers 1", "transformers 2", and so on.

Don't muck with sort names because it will throw off the sorting if you happen to view a list of all movies. Instead you can configure this on a per-collection basis:

53f813a18862c_Untitled.png

Well, specifically for MBC that option won't work as it handles all sorting client-side.

In your collection view in MBC, you can change the sort to "Year" and then the items will sort by release date.

Also, using the sort name isn't necessarily a problem if you really want all of those movies to be shown together in all instances.