why isn't my library updating?

dannieboiz

dannieboiz

Spent the last week moving data to the NAS and got a fresh install of MBS on a Server 2012 box. All seems to go well but I added a few movies today and it never show up. I thought there was an issue with my media location so I removed it then put it back and then the new media showed up. Then I added some more files and still didn't show up. 

restarted a few times but no go.

The Baron

Out of interest, if you add an additional movie or make a change that requires a rescan, do you have the same problem?

dannieboiz

I had to added to my library twice today and both times it didn't show. I'll try again tomorrow and let you know got some movies ripping at the moment

Your new NAS may not support us monitoring it for changes.  Also, be sure you have that option turned on.

If it doesn't work, you can increase the frequency of the Library Scan task.

dannieboiz

I just added 4 new movies a couple hours ago but I didn't have time to see how long it took to come in but it's there now. Perhaps my nas was doing something in the background to slow the process down. For now, I would blame it on my NAS and not MBS fault. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you copy 15 items in, say 1 at a time, you may be causing the library monitor to initiate a scan. Any files coped while its scanning may occur "behind the scan". The file path you copied to, has already been scanned, and its finishing the rest. While scanning, library monitoring isn't occurring obviously. So any copied to paths already scanned, yet scanning isn't finished. You will need to manually scan to catch these. I've done this forever and don't think this is a fault of the software.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

dannieboiz

I haven't had any problem since the last time I posted. I think  you're right, when I first setup the NAS and moved MBS there were over 400 titles already there. It might have not finished loading everything and I added more. Life is good again. :D