Server/Dlna - Additional Folder views for music

Ghostm

Ghostm

Dlna is pretty much feature complete for me but i would like to make one small request and ask if a few additional music view types could be added. Most dlna servers I have used (mediamonkey,plex,xbmc,ect..) offer music views that are only available in the media browser server (, album, songs,  genre, ect...) Could we add these views to dlna as well?

The reason i would like these views added is two fold.

1. Many of us use dlna to isten to music on various devices, from bose to audio video receivers to even using it to play music on gaming consoles, i currently cant access some of my music because the dlna server client seems to default to the "album artist" level, some of my music is comprised of compilations or various artist movie soundtracks and appear to only be accessible in the "album" view on the media browser server (possibly also in the "artist" only view). So some of my music i cant currently play over dlna because its not presented. 

2. I had made a request for instant mix in the dlna client as well, but that is not really necessarily, i looked into if plex offered this when they added shuffle a few months ago, and i noticed they did not add shuffle to dlna. I learned on the forum it was not added because almost all dlna devices can shuffle (the ones i use xbox and my avr appear to be able to shuffle themselves), however the issue remaining is their is no way to load all songs, you cant make the player shuffle your library if you cant present all the songs. Plex has a large amount of requests for a "songs" presentation over dlna since its one the only one they neglected or forgot to add over dlna. I would like to see it in the server dlna along with the other music views so it will be possible for a user to shuffle ones entire library using a dlna device. At the moment i can only shuffle a single album.

Edited by Ghostm
  • Like 1

ginjaninja

+1

progrmatically generated views (over and above filesystem folders)  in DLNA are useful if you have to use DLNA

Things like next up, recently added as well as views by metadata.

• Like 1

+1

progrmatically generated views (over and above filesystem folders)  in DLNA are useful if you have to use DLNA

Things like next up, recently added as well as views by metadata.

Looks like some of those got added to dlna in the latest dev today. 

Now all we need is some additional music folder views and dlna will be fairly complete....for me anyway.

Most of the views are now added to dlna, thank you again. The dlna section is looking really impressive feature wise, its practically a full fledged dlna client now!

I would like to request one last thing if possible is a "songs" section to the library, similar to what the "songs" view does in the web browser server and display all my music, that way we can use our entire library to shuffle all our music at parties,gatherings, ect... 

Just to make sure my one final request is not difficult to understand (I didnt really explain it well last post), in media monkey which I used to use for dlna (dont really need it anymore thanks to mb3) media monkey has a dlna view in music called "all files" all the view does is display your entire library of songs. The "songs" section of the mb3 web server is essentially the same thing, a view of all your songs.

This user display would be great because it basically allows us to shuffle our entire music library using our audio receivers/video game consoles/whatever when you have gatherings or parties, most dlna devices can shuffle music themselves. When I had people over i would often just go into media monkey dlna server, access the "all files" section which displays all my song, hit shuffle on my avr  and it would basically play any random song from my library all evening. 

Anyway this will be my last post, and last request for dlna likely forever. Its got almost every feature i could imagine.

Edited by Ghostm

Never-mind already added. Thanks again luke and team. Dlna is now feature complete for me now and i can disable media monkey. 

Time to stay off the feature request forum. The team has addressed enough requests from me.

• Like 1