How to connect the MediaPlayer/Browser to the Server?

Retailheaven

Retailheaven

I am sorry, I tried to read it somewhere, but could not find an answer allready given, maybe, and also no solution for my problem. Its easy, but I do not get is.

If I lauch de MediaPlayer it ask to connect to enter Host or IP and in the second screen the portnumber, this I get, no problem, I can find it, but the Hostname or IP, I really do not understand which I need to take. Sorry for my stupidity, but please, I like the program MediaBrowser and like to use it 100%!

Beardyname

The hostname you should put in is for the machine that is running MediaBrowser Server. If you are running MediaBrowser Theater on the same machine you can put in 127.0.0.1. Otherwise find out the ip of the machine that is running the server part of this software.

I'm not sure what "De MediaPlayer" is though so you will have to help me with that :)

Retailheaven

mmmm, I made a story, but it seems I send it to your messenger???

Anyway, I get it....thanks for the solution!

Retailheaven

Mmmm, sorry, this is not working....So, I need to ping the adres of my desktop computer and use that?

I did install the server and the Theater Player on my desktop which I need as the server....right?

Retailheaven

Yesssssssss, I found it, I made the connection, thanks again! Its like you said, find the IP of the computer and use that, i did and it works!

Edited by Retailheaven

It is probably safer to use the actual machine network name rather than the IP address (or localhost if it is the same machine).  Because, unless you've configured that machine with a static IP address, it is likely to change...