Raspberry Pi Openelec MBT/MBS

steve1977

steve1977

I remember that Luke was scouting for a developer for an RPi/Openelec built. Any news on this? I just recently bought a RPi and it is absolutely fantastic. Different from any other HTPC, it allows to automatically trigger my TV into 3D mode and works out of the box via CEC with my TV remote control. This besides the obvious advantages (no PSU, tiny form factor, no fan) will make me a loyal RPi user now!

steve1977

We have Xbmb3c and I think that is going to be our target client for Rpi.

Unfortunately, this won't work. To quote xnappo: "Pi for XBMB3C is no non-starter unfortunately."

Any other ideas? Plex has a dedicated client and given similarity between the two projects, that should serve as proof of concept?

apologies for the misunderstanding. what he's saying is it won't run right now. that doesn't mean it can't be achieved down the line.

• 3 months later...
steve1977

As of now,  it is basically not working on the Rpi as it is very slow. However, there is hope. There is some very active development underway to speed things up to make things Rpi-friendly. You may want to check out the thread below and help testing:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/14290-need-testers-for-speed-up-ideas/page-4

• 2 months later...
tanoshimi

Hopefully this isn't dead topic. I just wanted to chime in and indicate how much I'd rather have my rPi boot directly into MBT than having an MB3 plugin for Kodi.  The MBT seems so much more lightweight than Kodi in my tests, and it does out of the box what kodi still can't do, which is have a single library that multiple machines and remote users can access.  Don't get me wrong, I like kodi, but I prefer MB3 so much more, that I'd even settle for my rPi booting into a browser with my localhost set as the homepage.  I do some development work myself, but unfortunately, none in Linux or rPi; else I'd help out myself.  Given all the libraries you've made available, it seems like it should be a small order to get an MBT client for rP1.  

PLEASE KEEP TRYING!!!!