There was an error processing the request

TonyAdamson
Go to solution Solved by deanhatescoffee,

TonyAdamson

Hi, I'm having an issue with my MBT. On start up (which is very very slow, never used to be) I get the error 'There was an error processing the request' (see image 1). I press Ok and then the home screen looks like image 2. I'm using server version 3.0.5347.22095. Attached is a log file. Can some clever person on here see what's going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

server-63544675330.txt

post-2477-0-18296300-1409075801_thumb.jpg

post-2477-0-43357000-1409075806_thumb.jpg

deanhatescoffee

I'm having the exact same issue. I uninstalled/reinstalled MBT, uninstalled K-Lite codecs, downloaded all of the default LAV filters during MBT installation... 7/10 times, I get the second screenshot above. The other 3/10 times, it shows me some titles, though not many, and all give an error when I try to play them.  This sucks! I found forum posts from November 2013 onward related to this issue, but it doesn't seem like anyone has found a definitive solution yet. The original theory was about bad LAV filters but I just installed the recommended filters and it still doesn't work. I've had this issue going for a week or so.

Used to happen to me all the time. My HTPC (on which media browser client and server is running) retrieves the media files from a NAS that spins down the discs when not in use. I attributed it to that but was not sure. It got much much worse recently and reinstalled MBT. So far it has not happened again.

TonyAdamson

I tried the reinstalling the LAV filters a couple of times. I haven't gone down the route of reinstalling MBT just yet. I suppose I could give it a try.

• Solution
deanhatescoffee

Here's what I did last night. It made MBT work 5/5 times, so hopefully the fix sticks.

Uninstall MBT (not Server, just Theater - you shouldn't lose any settings except MBT-specific plugins). Also uninstall your LAV and xy video codecs. If you have a codec pack (like K-Lite or Shark007), uninstall that as well. Reboot your computer. Download MBT and CCCP codecs (I downloaded CCCP from Ninite). Install CCCP, then install MBT.

Like I said, I haven't had a problem since last night. Let me know if this works for anyone else.

One issue I noticed, before I reinstalled MBT, was that it looked like there was an update to MBT ready to install when I went to Settings. However, after I selected the option to update and restart MBT, the update was waiting there again.

• Like 1

TonyAdamson

So by uninstalling your LAV and xy codecs and installing CCCP are you thinking that it is indeed a codec issue? I'll give it a whirl anyway. I've never tried the CCCP codec before. I only ever used ffdshow until MBT was released.

deanhatescoffee

I really don't know if it's a codec issue. You could try uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling MBT without doing anything with the codecs to see if that works. I just did the codecs with MBT at the same time because previous posts about this issue indicated that it was a codec issue, so I figured I'd cover all my bases.

deanhatescoffee

Cool. Yeah, that was the screen I was thinking of. I don't know if it makes a difference but your Speaker Layout is set to Stereo and your Mixing Layout is 5.1 in that screenshot.

TonyAdamson

OK, I uninstalled LAV, xy and MBT the rebooted. Reinstalled them and MBT works! Only this time I am getting my 5.1 Dolby & DTS formats coming through as 2 channel PCM on my receiver.  I cant remember what I did when I  originally set up MBT to get Dolby & DTS working...

Spaceboy

Bit streaming in lav audio settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Spaceboy

deanhatescoffee

I'm not at home so I can't remember the exact path but in MBT, go to Settings then Video Settings (something like that). Near the bottom, you'll see some audio options for 5.1 and 7.1 surround.

deanhatescoffee

A sad update - my "fix" doesn't work. I'm still having issues. I'm not getting an error upon logging into the app, but I get the error when I go to play anything - "There was an error processing the request." I don't know what else to do.

deanhatescoffee

This might be a "dumb" solution but it seems like it's working for me.  I have my media saved on an external USB 3.0 hard drive.  I switched the drive from the USB 3.0 port to a USB 2.0 port and I haven't had a problem since (about 3 days).  Hope that helps someone else out.

• 4 weeks later...
deanhatescoffee

@@ernstgot Do you have your media on a portable / external drive? Is it plugged into a USB 3.0 port, by chance? That was the problem for me. As soon as I moved the drive to a USB 2.O port, I stopped having problems. It's worked flawlessly for me since I posted this "fix" on Sep 2, so it might be worth a shot.

deanhatescoffee

Darn. Well, you're probably better off with it in the eSATA port anyway. Since I discovered my issues with USB 3.0, I've read a lot of articles and posts about 3.0's flakiness.