MBT no longer plays anything

AdrianW

AdrianW

After today's update to 3.0.5350.37977, MBT hangs when attempting to play any video content. I end up with the MediaBrowser.UI not responding which I then have to kill.

Here's the MBS log and the MBT log.

-edit-

This may be related to this MBT report: There was an error processing the request

When I changed MBT to use an external player, I had no issues, but when I went back to the internal player nothing would play and MBT would hang.

Edited by AdrianW

Ghostm

I noticed mine was freezing more frequently, although i could play videos, but i did have to kill it a few times.

I wonder why this would be, I think the last updates to this version was just luke adding playlist support and fixing the remote control function to launch files from another client, which i wouldnt think would effect the player.

Babgvant kindly added refresh rate switching but we are not on that version yet. 

Ghostm

Whats the audio renderer set to?

Tonight i did not have any freezing i recall, it may have just been luck of the draw it happened twice last night becase i have noticed for awhile at times the video player wont exit out of the previous video properly, and the freezing will occur when i try to play a new video the last played video still is stuck on the screen sometimes. I am hoping the changes upcoming just somehow sort that.

Since you cant play anything perhaps yours is completely different issue. 

@@Luke I also can no longer play anything with MBT - just come back from 4 day break and UI crashes when playback starts.

Logs attached.

can you post these unzipped or via paste2.org so that they can be read in the browser, thanks

psykix

Sure..

One thing I noticed.. 720p TV series play fine. Tried another movie which was 1080p and it played fine until I pressed stop and then that crashed the UI.

If you need me to test more, just say - off to bed now!

server-63544933956.txt

crash_7df70f32-db10-4913-840b-13e9833f7f2e.txt

crash_195b2e3b-cace-4083-9194-e2694ab682f1.txt

theater-63544933961.txt

theater-63544936352.txt

Has this issue been sorted?

I seem to be having the same problem, movies that played a few days ago now wont play....

@@babgvant sorry to push - my little lad keeps asking me "has the man fixed Man Of Steel yet?"

Man Of Steel which did work, started crashing on MBT - there were some others that crash MBT too but I forget what they were!

It works fine on web client, iOS and Roku.