Local/Youtube Trailers

altramarine

altramarine

Hi there,

Trailers is a very important feature for me and so I have "Local trailers" plugin installed. It works quite well in MBC. I can easily preview a movie before committing to it.

I am having troubles finding "Trailers" when browsing my movies in XBMB3C.

So far, i've tried skins: Aeon Nox 5, Aeon MQ5, Titan, Eminence

"Eminence" is the only one that shows "Trailers" but plays nothing when pressed (Trailer option is shown when "C" is pressed while browsing movies)

Can anyone please point me in the right direction here? Are there any special steps that need to be done to have Skins (that are "local trailer" capable) show and play the "Trailers" that are linked to MBS/Local Trailers Plugin?

MBS: 3.0.5395.0

Local Trailer plugin: 1.0.5389.12439

XBMC Gotham 13.2 on Windows7 x64

XBMB3C from 1.0.2 repo

Thank you,

im85288

Hi there,

You missed out my latest skin! 1080XF has this feature and has recently been updated to support local trailers when the select action is "INFO" in the xbmb3c addon : http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10375-1080xf-mediabrowser-edition-helix-only/?p=143228

I did have it working in Eminence...but have not tested for a while. 

Oh and you will beed to have the XBMB3C addon from the BETA repo for the local trailers to work on the new info screen as linked above.

Thanks

Edited by im85288
  • Like 1

altramarine

Hi there,

You missed out my latest skin! 1080XF has this feature and has recently been updated to support local trailers when the select action is "INFO" in the xbmb3c addon : http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10375-1080xf-mediabrowser-edition-helix-only/?p=143228

I did have it working in Eminence...but have not tested for a while. 

Oh and you will beed to have the XBMB3C addon from the BETA repo for the local trailers to work on the new info screen as linked above.

Thanks

Thank you, The beta repo will work with Gotham? or its only meant for Helix?

I wanted to check the 1080XF but its Helix only.

im85288

Thank you, The beta repo will work with Gotham? or its only meant for Helix?

I wanted to check the 1080XF but its Helix only.

The beta repo is for both Gotham and Helix...1080XF is Helix only though.

altramarine

So the beta repo is required for Local Trailers to work with all skins that support that feature? Not just 1080XF.  Sorry, just clarifying.

Edited by altramarine

im85288

Well when you say "All" skins that support local trailers..the only one's I am aware off are Eminence and 1080XF. Others may do though.

No the Beta repo is only needed for the new "info" screen added in the link I gave...you can still use the stable repo if you do not want to use that way of getting at local trailers. 1080XF supports it via the standard info screen too (as it is located in eminence)

altramarine

Hmm, 

"Eminence" is the only one that shows "Trailers" but plays nothing when pressed (Trailer option is shown when "C" is pressed while browsing movies)

Strange, does not seem to work for me with Eminence (I press on the Trailer and that takes me back to browsing movies). Perhaps I'll have better luck with the beta repo.

Also, the "clicking into the info screen" sounds like a grand feature. The fluidity is definitely felt and i find it to be very important . In fact, that's the big difference i've noticed coming to XBMC from MBC.

Edited by altramarine